Tourist Office classified in category I
The Archipel de Thau Intercommunal Tourist Office, which groups together the 6 Tourist Information Offices of the destination (Sète, Frontignan, Balaruc-les-Bains, Marseillan, Mèze and Vic-la-Gardiole), obtained its category I classification on 22 February 2022 and belongs to the Office de Tourisme de France network.
Also, in this context, all these Tourist Information Offices are committed to :
- Provide you with a reception area and an easily accessible information area.
- To make it easier for you to get around.
- Provide you with furniture to sit on.
- Provide you with free information on the local tourist offer.
- Display and broadcast its opening times in at least two foreign languages.
- All classified tourist accommodation, including at least the name, telephone number and classification level.
- Monuments and cultural, natural or leisure tourist sites, which may include the indication of prices, periods and opening times for the public, the website and telephone and postal contact details.
- Events and activities.
- Emergency telephone numbers.
- To present all the qualified offer of its intervention area for all the clienteles.
- Display emergency telephone numbers on the outside.
- Update its tourist information annually.
- Give you access to the availability of classified accommodation.
- Deal with your complaints and measure your satisfaction.
- Offer a tourist information service that integrates new information and communication technologies (social networks, mobile telephony, geolocation, etc.).
- Respect the requirements of the "Quality Tourism" mark.
- Provide you with a holiday advisor.
- Guarantee the reliability and timeliness of information on the local tourist offer.
- To provide information on the various means of transport available to travel around the area (bus, bicycle and cycle path) without using a vehicle.
The "Quality Tourism" mark, recognition of the Tourist Office's quality approach
The Marseillan Archipel de Thau Tourist Office is committed to a quality approach.
The national requirements of the "Qualité Tourisme" mark recognise the continuous work undertaken by the Tourist Office through its quality approach. It is a progress approach which aims at the continuous improvement of all the services of the Tourist Office.
The QUALITÉ TOURISME mark,
created by the French Ministry of Tourism, is the recognition of the continuous improvement of the quality of service implemented by the Tourist Offices. An audit is carried out every 3 years.
The quality approach focuses on four main targets: the satisfaction of customers, service providers, elected officials and Tourist Office staff.
Here are the main guidelines implemented by the Marseillan Tourist Office:
Customer objectives :
- To improve visitor satisfaction through personalised advice and the provision of a comfortable, functional and welcoming space.
- To provide qualified and reliable information.
- To better train seasonal workers, recruited for several months.
- To provide new services: free wifi, a shop offering quality identity items, reception by appointment, mobile reception, etc.
- Offer a varied and qualified discovery offer throughout the year.
- Propose opening periods and times in line with tourist numbers.
The objectives of the service providers :
- To improve their satisfaction by developing the reputation of the town and the number of tourists.
- To promote the missions and services provided by the Tourist Office to local tourism providers.
- To provide them with more information on events, visits and shows so that they can pass it on to their customers.
- To unite the tourism players in order to engage in a collective dynamic, to involve them in strategic thinking.
- Visit them regularly, listen to them, and bring up their proposals for change.
- Better support, promote and market their services.
- Unite, organise new offers, in specific actions by target (group, cruise, culture...), imagine adapted promotional actions.
- Helping them to improve their marketing and visibility on the Internet.
The Marseillan reception office has been awarded the "Qualité Tourisme Occitanie Sud de France" label. It is committed to this approach in order to offer a quality welcome and services to its visitors.
The town of Marseillan is a "tourist commune". This designation is issued by a prefectoral decree for a period of 5 years.
Marseillan is also a "classified tourist resort". This classification is the recognition of the public authorities concerning the efforts made by the community to structure an adapted tourist offer and a welcome of excellence.
The Marseillan reception office has been awarded the "Tourism and Handicap" label for the 4 families of disabilities (visual, motor, mental and auditory).
This label is proof of the concrete commitment and the guarantee of an efficient and adapted welcome. The logo, which is displayed at the entrance to sites, establishments and tourist facilities and on all documents, provides reliable, consistent and objective information on their accessibility according to disability (hearing, mental, visual or motor) thanks to the 4 pictograms.
The Marseillan reception office has been awarded the "Accueil Vélo©" label.
This national mark guarantees a quality welcome and services adapted to tourists on bicycles. The Marseillan reception office provides its visitors by bike with
- Information on cycle paths and cycle routes in the destination.
- Contact details for local businesses that have also signed up to the label.
- A kit for small repairs.
The "Vignobles et Découvertes" label rewards tourist and wine destinations offering a range of quality, varied and complementary tourist products.